Tom and I had to attend a really snoozey perinatal meeting during lunch time and it was the worst thing ever, initially. The first consultant to present was this lady who spoke at an average of about 500 words/min so basically nobody caught what she said and I even saw an SHO sleeping. Then the next dude to present was this dude who spoke at an average of 0.005 words/min and the same SHO was still sleeping. Tom kept awake by eating his sandwich and green banana and I kept awake by reading some posters on the board. Then, the Paeds registrar's bleep goes off.
He comes back, tells one of the SHOs to follow him, looked back, points to Tom and I and told us to follow him too. YAY, rescued from the most soporific meeting ever. Next thing I knew, we were running... to the delivery ward. A pair of 32week old twins were being delivered and we got roped in to receive and prep the baby after birth. I was assigned twin 1 and Tom was assigned twin 2, along with the SHO and reg respectively. It was fun! I got to choose a hat for the baby and tom found a funkier hat than mine :( Anyway, after cleaning, getting bloods, cannulating etc, twin 1 was alright. Twin 2 took a while to get out, she was bigger than T1 and was slightly acidotic, but nothing a little C-pap can't solve and she turned out fine and dandy too. (:
Ah, nothing like a tiny baby (or two) to end a boring day. :D
He comes back, tells one of the SHOs to follow him, looked back, points to Tom and I and told us to follow him too. YAY, rescued from the most soporific meeting ever. Next thing I knew, we were running... to the delivery ward. A pair of 32week old twins were being delivered and we got roped in to receive and prep the baby after birth. I was assigned twin 1 and Tom was assigned twin 2, along with the SHO and reg respectively. It was fun! I got to choose a hat for the baby and tom found a funkier hat than mine :( Anyway, after cleaning, getting bloods, cannulating etc, twin 1 was alright. Twin 2 took a while to get out, she was bigger than T1 and was slightly acidotic, but nothing a little C-pap can't solve and she turned out fine and dandy too. (:
Ah, nothing like a tiny baby (or two) to end a boring day. :D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home