The one with the rafia string bicycle and snoring orchestera
I've always been quite a dreamer (in a very literal sense of the word, not the dreamy ambitious sense) and almost every day, I will wake up with some ridiculous alternate universe story to tell, I figured I'll blog what I can remember just so I can look back and laugh at my nonsensical sleeping mind. It is more fun than blogging about real life anyway. Don't be alarmed, most of the places time and people are completely random, you'll probably realise how completely fictitiously impossibly ridiculously nonsensical they are anyway. Consider yourselves warned.
Last night I actually had two dreams, interrupted by a much needed toilet break and a random text from Daphne, which might explain the second dream.
The first one was really weird. I was at this very old-time Genting hotel lookalike with light brown carpets and duvets but with very narrow corridors, much like a ship, with my family at some weird place in Singapore. I think the occassion was strangely, my wedding. At some point, my mother wanted to go home and I had to bring her home in my rafia string bicycle. If you imagine a piece of rafia string, tied at both ends to form a loop, put a twig at one end and that was the handle, we kinda sat on the string and the person behind had to hold the opposite end from where the twig and the rafia string were intersected. To move the rafia string bicycle, the person in front (me) had to air-paddle like mad. -_- So, I had to "cycle" across the half-lit causeway in the middle of the night to send my sister and mother back to JB. When we reached JB, the traffic was horrendous and so I found a short cut to bring us home faster and in one piece especially since the bicycle was so pathetically flimsy. It was actually the flyover being built for the new customs complex in JB. Since it was being built, it was only halfway built and erm kinda ended in mid air. Also, it was being barricaded by these massive concrete slabs so that people won't go on them. Er jie got off the bicycle, moved whatever she could of the concrete slab (not much) and we managed to squeeze through this tiny space and got on the half-built new flyover. We cycled up the flyover and fell off the unbuilt edge. -_-
Er, that's it. -_-
At some point around 3am, I woke up for a toilet break, was half dozing off when I received a text from Daphne. I was formulating the reply in my head before typing it out but ended up sleeping while thinking of my reply. While sleeping, I dreamt that Daphne and I were sat in what I assumed was the Royal Albert Hall in the dream (don't actually know what it really looks like inside in real life). We were the only two people in the audience and the place was so grand, massive ceilings and all that crap. Suddenly, the stage lit up. On the stage were five people including her parents (or what I imagined they look like), my parents and my godmother. They were all asleep on stage and were having this massive snoring orchestera performance. Daphne and I were really impressed and clapped really enthusiastically. -_-...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home